Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Chevron Houston Marathon
Sunday January 20 6 AM to 1 PM
Space City Ski and Adventure Club will be providing the road guards for mile 23 of the 2019 Houston Marathon. It is a great day of fun for both volunteers and spectators. Mile 23 is a great spot to support the race as the runners can see the end in sight and there are lots of spectators cheering them on. The job of road guard is to keep those very enthusiastic supporters off the course so it stays safe for the runners. If you don't know the course, SCSC will be patrolling the section from the corner of Shepherd and Allen Parkway down towards the Federal Reserve Building.
We need 10 to 15 volunteers to be road guards for mile 23 and 1 mile captain who will be the primary point of contact with the Marathon people. Please sign in on line here so I can keep tabs on how many sign up as well as do the following so the marathon has you signed up.
To sign up, please do the following:
1. Go to the following link and select general volunteer application
2. Complete the information form
3. Once the information form is completed, scroll down the form until you see:
4. Check the 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM Mile 23 box.
5. Click on "I'm done choosing shifts" in the lower right corner.
6. Check the "I agree to waiver terms and conditions" box at the bottom.
7. Enter the text from the image, and click on "Register".
Sunday, January 20, 2019, 6:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Mile 23 corner of Shepherd and Allen Parkway to Federal Reserve Bldg
Address where to meet will be sent to you later
Registration cancellations will be accepted until January 18, 2019 at 12:01 AM